Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Suggest me some treatment for my scalp infection

Hi doctor, suggest me some treatment for my scalp infection that I have since 2 years?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Sep 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  1531
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Scalp ringworm may be treated with an oral antifungal medication, as well as a special shampoo. Scalp ringworm is no longer contagious once treatment has begun. In most cases, fungal infections clear up after one to four weeks of treatment, depending upon the location and severity. Scalp hygiene is most important in all. Washing the hair thoroughly atleast twice a week and using a good shampoo is fair enough to prevent.
Answered: Fri, 25 Sep 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor