Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest me some medicine for severe hair loss problem

Im 20 years old height is 170cm, facing a big problem of hair loss is normal baldness pattern .....i have also lost much of hair from my front right and left sides as well as from the center back of scalp...kindly doctor help me out...suggest some sort of medicine or any remedy. whenever i use shampoo or oil...i experience bunch of hair falling from scalp
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  224
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
At the age of 20 you have frontal and center baldness,it is called male patent baldness.
It may be heredetary.
Keep your hair nourish with hair oil,do gentle massage of oil in the scalp,use any good soft shampoo,eat vit-b,vit-e,protein,betacarotin rich diet,avoid stress.All this will help you to reduce your hair loss.
Hair transplant is the choice for will increase your self confidence too.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
its androgenic alopecia. its very difficult to controll. you can delay it by medicatins like minoxidil.
mesotherapy may be helpful.
if you need permanent solution then hair transplantation is needed.
but keep good life style .have protein rich diet, lots of water, regular excercise,avoid harsh shampoo,take good sleep avoid stress.
take care
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi! fahad,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

You probably are suffering from ANDROGENTIC ALOPECIA,common type of male pattern hair loss.This is a familial condition where in one gradually looses frontal hair .
I would like to share with you that if your family members also have the same patter (esp your father & from your mothers side) then ,there is very high chance that you would also get the same pattern.And there is no permanent cure for this except surgery.But with proper medication you can delay the process of baldness may be by few years.

You can first try minoxidil sol 5% or 10% topically directly applied to scalp.Along with this there are medicines like finestride 1 mg & biotin which are help ful .Before taking this you should be under a regular guidance of a dermatologist .These are very effective medicine but has to be taken for long time.
Apart from this there are lasers for hair growth (FDA APPROVED) which needs to be taken for initial 2 months .It has amazing results.
Then there is MESO-THERAPY which are tiny injections which are directly given on the scalp for growth.

In case you have already lost hair and are suffering from baldness then you can go for hair transplantation. You can get details in my website & (dermatology section) .We also have a hair institute running in apollo hospital,bhilai(cg). We do all above procedures and we also do lasers and meso injection along with hair transplantation.

Improve your diet with green leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play .

Hope this answers your query ,if you have any further questions ,kindly write back to us.I'll be available for your follow up questions.

Dr.Bharat Chawda
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. M M Gupta's  Response
Dear Fahad,
You are experiencing androgenic alopecia ie male pattern baldness. There is no effective medical treatment for this condition. Hair loss can be some what decreased using drugs. Only effective and permanent solution to your condition is Hair Transplantation. With hair transplantation you can get natural hairs that will grow, you can take bath, can have hair cut or even shave your hair without any problem. You can see details about Hair Transplantation on
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor