Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suggest me a proper diet for a heart patient

my husband has already had a heart attack , but he won't eat anything except steak and potatoes. What can I do what can I do to get him to eat healthy
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.He should have healthy diet comprising of fruits,vegetables,salads etc.Normal other diet avoiding excess of oil and other fats is fine and must be taken.After major coronary event like this the patients become fearful and try to avoid things.He needs proper counseling with dietitian for this.Along with diet after advise from your doctor,regular exercise is also a must.
wishing him good health.
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You should purchase a pre-paid funeral plan, because that is where he is going to end up. There is nothing you can do to get people to eat health, they have to want to do it. I have been a nurse in the cardiac ICU for 12yrs, and my experience tells me, if he doesn't want to change, there is nothing you can do to make him.
Answered: Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor