Suggest management for a child with special needs

my son has been on epilim chrono past 6 months also abilify, before that epilim ordinary, he lost an awful lot of weight and seemed burnt out, asked his psychologist to wean him off the medicines as we felt this was the source of his sickness the change in his medicine. we would like jason to get drug free, now he is totally off abilify and he will be totally weaned off epilim in another 3 or 4 weeks. jason was on 600mg twice daily he has being getting weaned over a two month period, i worry this is too quick, he has gone quieter, and doesnt want to socialise like he was, but says he is fine, wants to spend more time with his family,supposedly jason has bi polar i was never really convinced, jason is special needs varies between mild and mild moderate
Mon, 31 Dec 2018

These medications can cause anorexia and subsequent weight loss, was the better when on these medications? are his symptoms recurring? if he is not having a recurrence of previous symptoms he can be slowly weaned off from the medication, but if symptoms recur the medication can be started again, moreover try to find out the cause, there might be some school, study, or peer issues.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. SHEHLA USMAN, Pediatrician