A confirmation is must for the diagnosis by a consultant surgeon, but here are the salient guidelines for a probable cause of a fissure.
- drink more liquids
- high fiber diet with green leafy veg, cereals, pulses, legumes
- avoid spices, non-veg, junk food stuffs
- sitz bath (sitting in a tub filled with lukewarm water)
- local application of xylocaine
jelly over anal region
- bulk-forming laxative as Ispaghula husk or Psyllium
husk with warm water at bed time
- avoid smoking
or alcohol if consuming
- avoid anal intercourse (if involved)
Fix an appointment with your primary care
provider for examination and further guidelines.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon