• question-icon

Suggest dosage for Atenolol

I just accidentally took a double dose of Atenolol = 200 mg. I m on a 100mg twice a day regime. I pre-arrange my meds and suppliments for an AM and PM dosage. That means I double dosed my Naproxen Sodium totalling 880 mg as well. I tried to throw it up but only the suppliments in the gel caps came out, not the Atenolol or Naproxen. What should I do?
Fri, 30 Jun 2017
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

Having a double dose only once is not dangerous and very likely will not cause you any problems. Especially if you have no stomach pain or nausea (related to naproxen) and slow heart beating, weakness or chest discomfort (related to atenolol) than you do not need to worry.
Please make sure you have a way to prevent this from repeating.

If you develop any of the above syptoms mentioned above (stomach pain, nausea, chest discomfort, slow pulse- under 52/min, weakness) please see your doctor. No need to panic as very likely you are still doing ok but it is good to have a visit to check it.

I hope this answers to your questions but please feel free to write us again in case more clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards

Antoneta Zotaj, MD