Suggest cure for abnormal eardrum

I had a ct scan that showed complete opacification of the left middle ear and left mastoid air cells. Two years ago I had a mastoidectomy in the right ear for a mrsa infection. Does this sound like I would need another operation? Before the ct scan the doctor said my eardrum was abnormal.
Mon, 10 Nov 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Opacification on ct scan can be due to previous surgery or an active infection of your ear/mastoid. The need for surgery will depend on your symptoms and examination findings. Please meet your doctor for discussing this as he will be in the best position to guide you.

Thanks