Suggest cause for bruise in breast

Hi, about 2 weeks ago, I got hit in the breast. A small bruise developed and went away, but now there is a lump there. I don t want to have an unnecessary mammogram and if it does not go away by the end of this week I will go see my doctor. Just wondering what it could be, besides a tumour. Thanks
Mon, 5 May 2014
Hello dear,
A breast lump following trauma indicates a hematoma.Since it has not disappeared even after 2 weeks,there is likely a chance of it being infected,and may need antibiotics with or without an incision and drainage.Otherwise,if not infected,it can be managed with anti-inflammatory drugs for 5-7 days.Local ice pack application 3-4 times a day for 10 minutes might be helpful.
It better not to wait;you just see your doctor as early as possible.Delay in treatment makes resolution difficult and incomplete.
Hope you got cleared now.Thank you.