Suggest better treatment for fever, cough and loss of appetite

hi,

my 9+ months baby boy is feeling cough and not eating or drinking milk.he is also suffering from fever.i took him to the doctor he periscribed medinice crocine,metaphor and white liquid medicine.but still he is suffering from fever or may be theeting issue.please suggest what to do?

thx and rgds,

Suman
Wed, 24 Jun 2015
Hi
Welcome to the HCM

It seems that your child is suffering from a viral illness. These are quite common in this age group because of tendency to take anything into mouth associated with teething. Don't worry they are usually self limiting. Take the following measures to help him:
1. Give him crocin syrup at 15mg/kg/dose and repeat it after6-8 hours interval if fever persists.
2. Start him on Syp. Benadryl or Chlorpheniramine for cough.
3. Keep him well hydrated by regular feeds and oral fluids.
There is no need for any antibiotics at present
Hopefully this will help you. In case of any further questions, you may contact me.