Suggest best method for pulmonary ablation for atrial fibrillation

I m scheduled to undergo a pulminary ablation for A-fib. The cardiologist is using the RF method, but I just spoke with someone today that had his dine using the cryo ballon method. Apparently the procedure is done in much less time(less anesthesia) and his Dr. said it was the better way to go because freezing the tissue produces more complete scar tissue? I m 54 years old and don t want to spend the rest of my life on Eliquis and Amioderone, but am getting more nervouse the more I read. Thanks for any advice you may have. JJ
Fri, 24 Jul 2015
Cardiologist 's  Response
Both the methods are equally good, and the anaesthesia risk and time is not significantly different. I would suggest it with your doctor and whichever procedure he is comfortable with, go ahead with that.
However cryo ablation has more recurrence , if the cardiologist is not well trained with its use.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody