Suggest antibiotics for UTI infections

Dear Doctor,I was treated with Norflox400,twice a day for 3 days & once a day for 4 days for Urinary Tract infection.However,as i continued to have pain & burning,though minimised,i consulted our regular doctor who had prescribed Taxim-O,200mg,twice a day for 7 days.Also Meftal spas,Bidazen Forte.As both antibiotics are broad spectrum,widely used for UTI,kindly tell me what is the advantage of changing the antibiotic.Culture was not done as medicine already started.Also,within 4 months,i am getting infected for 2nd time.Last time,the culture showed negative.
I am 58yrs old,past menopause,Hypo thyroid & taking thyroid tablet 25mg/day.
Regards.
Fri, 8 Dec 2017