Suggest antibiotics for UTI infections

Dear Doctor,I was treated with Norflox400,twice a day for 3 days & once a day for 4 days for Urinary Tract infection.However,as i continued to have pain & burning,though minimised,i consulted our regular doctor who had prescribed Taxim-O,200mg,twice a day for 7 days.Also Meftal spas,Bidazen Forte.As both antibiotics are broad spectrum,widely used for UTI,kindly tell me what is the advantage of changing the antibiotic.Culture was not done as medicine already started.Also,within 4 months,i am getting infected for 2nd time.Last time,the culture showed negative.
I am 58yrs old,past menopause,Hypo thyroid & taking thyroid tablet 25mg/day.
Regards.
Fri, 8 Dec 2017
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query in details .

* There are various organisms responsible for the UTI and accordingly
the type of antibiotic molecule is decided by the treating
consultant in association with clinical severity .

* Usually e. coli is most common cause in many cases with good
coverage from fluoroquinolones , macrolides , cephalosporin , penicillin
group of antibiotics .

* The advantage of change of antibiotic

- better control of virulence of the organism
- managing occurrence of drug resistance

Wishing you fine recovery .
Feel free to ask any further queries .

Regards .

Recent questions on Menopause

Suggest antibiotics for UTI infections

Hello dear Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com I have evaluated your query in details . * There are various organisms responsible for the UTI and accordingly the type of antibiotic molecule is decided by the treating consultant in association with clinical severity . * Usually e. coli is most common cause in many cases with good coverage from fluoroquinolones , macrolides , cephalosporin , penicillin group of antibiotics . * The advantage of change of antibiotic - better control of virulence of the organism - managing occurrence of drug resistance Wishing you fine recovery . Feel free to ask any further queries . Regards .