Suggest an effective treatment for infection of nose cartilage

Yes, I have an infection of the nose cartiledge, I've had now for a few years, it just won't go away. Ive tried every over the counter oilment. My nose is red, swollen, and larger on one side. I'm also allegic to many antibioatics.

So.ooo what should I do for a cure?
Thu, 3 Jul 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

Recurrent nasal cartilage infection is commonly due to dry nasal mucosa. You can try using saline nasal spray followed by saline nasal ointment every second hourly. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated, avoid smoking, coffee, chilled food and beverages.

At present, there seems to be an active infection in the nose. Consult your doctor; you need to rush through a battery of investigations including nasal swab, blood sugar, etc. Also, you may require appropriate antibiotics taking into account your allergy for the medicines.