Suggest an alternative to Lasix

been taking cartia xt for over 20 yrs. went to doctor with swollen puffy feet, she said its the cartia xt so instead of replacing the drug she gave me lasix. is there any generic pill I could take instead, i take cartia xt for irregular heart beat and racing heart, 240 mgs. sorry i am broke and in pain.
Tue, 19 Jul 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
Lasix contains 'furosemide', which is a loop diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt. This allows the salt to be passed in your urine. It is used to treat fluid retention (edema).
You can ask for generic name 'furosemide' instead of brand name 'lasix'.
Kindly take the dose as recommended.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.