Suggest an alternative of Multaq

1-I am taking multaq and have concerns..what is the drawbacks .other than cost. and what are the alternatives? 2-xarelto costly. what are my alternatives and what are the downsides to the alternatives. I am considering doing abalation. what is your opinion?
Tue, 5 Mar 2019

Multaq is composed of 'dronedarone', which is a new antiarrythmic drug used for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter. It is a potential replacement for amiodarone.

Amiodarone is an alternative drug and is the most effective atrial fibrillation medications, but amiodarone has major toxicity issues. Kindly take the medication as prescribed by your doctor and do the necessary follow-up as advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ashakiran S,