Suggest an alternative of Metoprolol

I have been taking metoprolol tartrate 25mg for 3months and i see that there is a recall on this medicine, what should i do? My blood pressure was alwaya 147 over 80 foy as far as i can remember and i am 86 years old olmost 87 an i just had a knee replacement on 12/19/2017. what is my best that i should do? Thanks, Melio Cicchiani. YYYY@YYYY
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Metoprolol is a good drug and it controls your heart rate along with controlling hypertension. Metoprolol is widely prescribed and easily available on the Chemist shops. If Metoprolol is not available, you can take drugs like Nadolol or Propranolol. Wishing you good health.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussain