Suggest Prednisone dosage for allergic skin reaction

I am breast feeding and I was cleaning the bathroom and sprayed cleaner on the tub, I was supposed to rinse it after 5 to 10 minutes. I forgot, and I took a bath without rinsing the tub. The next day I started itching and had to go to urgent care center. They said to take clariton and over the counter cortisone 10 cream. I just found out that I could take prednisone, which I have been getting once in a while for SLE. My question is how many MG s should I take? I can t stop itching. My Dr. is on a short vacation with no relief physician to take his place. I can t go on like this till next week. What do you think I should do?
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your query of dose of Prednisone, my treatment advice is -
Prednisone is a potent oral steroid. It should be given in tapering dose and only after consulting a dermatologist. Dose is dependent on the type of condition and body weight.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.