Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Sugar level high, feels tired, thirsty, taking medicine for mouth ulcer. Can sugar level be controlled?

Dear Doctor I am aged 54 and have been checking sugar level regularly. Never it crossed 150 mg/dl RBS and FBS 110mg/dl RBS on 28/2/12 was 93. I was feeling tired and thirsty and checked sugar level last week and surprisingly it was above 500mg/dl. I was admitted and now taking medicine. The diabetologist conveyed to me that the sugar level shoot up because of some other medicine I was taking for mouth ulcer is containing steroid and that shooted the sugar level up Whether I am sugar patient now .Can I control it on diet and ding regular exercise My mail ID - YYYY@YYYY Regards Vinod
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
A single high reading of blood glucose levels do not stamp you as diabetic. You can have a glucose tolerance test and HbA1C to know for sure. Dietary modifications and regular exercise can ceratinly control your blood glucose levels.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor