Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Sugar high. Prescribed glycomet, trivolib. Right prescription? Any problem in conceiving?

I am a male, age 29 yrs and my fasting is 199 and PP 299. and HbA1C = 9.6%. And my doctor prescribed me Glycomet (2 mg) after breakfast and Trivolib (1mg) after dinner. I am also taking homeopathic medicine. Is this a right prescription?......I just don t want to get addicted to alopathic please advice me the right thing to do. I am also worried whether it will affect me in having children.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are young and Diabetic but your sugar level is high and even your HbA1c is high which means in past few months your sugar is uncontrolled.
Take care of your diet and exercise and discuss with treating Physician to give you Long acting Insulin which should help to control your diabetes .
It is wrong impression that alpathic medicine will cause addiction.
It is high blood sugar which cause harm and short term and longterm complications.
Treatment with drugs and insulin is beneficial is backed up by scientific studies.
Take care of your health and fertility is different aspect but you need to have good control of diabetes.
I can not comment on Homeopathy it is your choice.
Take Care
Good Luck
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor