Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Suffers from palpitation, high BP, rapid pulse rate. Possible cause?

Doctor, My son 16 years old, suffers from Palpitation and High BP , he used to complain of palpitation but owing to his age we didnot care but just last week when we consulted doctor his BP was found to be 125/90 and pulse rate was 125 and he face was at one side pulsating like High BP symptoms. doctors advised for CT scan and other Blood Tests. I want to what s the cause for this strange phenomenon in my son as in my family history we never had such a case? He is very cool but gets irritated and gets aggressive if get more irritated, he once had started smoking but he left after we persuaded him. I am worried about such a high BP all time with rapid pulse rate. please advise what is the possible cause?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
in young age with high pulse rate and high BP following may be the cause
- it might possible that he is still continuing smoking as it will cause tachycardia as well as high BP,
- thyrotoxicosis means higher activity of thyroid glend will cause same problem
- stress and anxiety common cause in young adult
-kidney problem
few more also

relax , dont panic
adopt healthy life style ,
get evaluated as per your physician advice
take care
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor