Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suffering with von willebrands, have persistent painful swelling post wrist sprain. Should I go for MRI?

Hi awhile ago i sprained my wrist and ever since then i have had a penny sized lump that is hard and very painful directly across from my index finger i have a bleeding disorder and called von willebrands and swelling has never seized. Should i get a mri? I have gotten a x-ray but still very painful and no pressure can be put on it.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi. If your swelling is not increasing in size and you dont have fever or any open wound to cause infection of the hematoma, then i guess you should not worry and just wait for the hematoma to be resorbed naturally. I dont think an MRI would add anything additionally though you may confirm all else is normal. Take some non-NSAID analgesics like tramadol and cold fomentation for pain relief. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor