Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering with thalaessemic major requiring regular blood transfusions. Would methylcobalamin help?

i m a girl of 22 years.. n sufferin with thallassemic major for the last 22 yeras...requiring blood tranfusion at the intervals of 22- 25 days.. sir i want to know whether methylcobalamin is beneficial to us in any manner. if yes then kinldy let us know about its dosage also.and plz tell some more medicines for hormonal disbalance too.. with regards.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I feel that you should take methycobalamine only if you are having macrocytic anaemia( MCV high) & low Vitamin B12 levels or if you are a vegetarian and expericing symptoms like paresthesias.You can get your Vitamin B12 levels and take methylcobalamine(100-1000 micrograms per day) if your are having low levels.Other things which might benefit are drinking tea may help to reduce iron absorption through the intestinal tract. Vitamin C may improve iron excreation .Hope it helps.
Answered: Sat, 21 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor