Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Suffering with spina bifida, scoliosis, have severe pain. No relief with medicines. Remedial measure?

hello my mum is 68years old and as spina bifida n scoliosis and is in a lot of pain i was wondering what there is to help her as the pain relief the doctor is percribing her with is not helping she is on diacodine and paracetomals also the doctors say that she is the oldest person they know with her condition and can only go on what she says thank you for listerning
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, Thanks for writing to us,

If medications are not helping in pain relief you can go for epidural injection in institute set up so that post injection management if required can be done.

Take lumbar corset support ,it will give pain relief.
At age of 68 you cant think of any operative procedure.
physiotherapy will give her good relief.

I hope that I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further. Take car
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor