Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering with short period cycles and abdominal pain. Help

my wife is 38 years n we have two grown uo children. my wife has always been suffering from shorter cycle of periods with pain in lower abdomen for a couple of days. rest brings the pain down but 22 or 23 days cycle is irritating her. she has been trying homeo for a long time with various doctors but there is temporary relief n shorter cycle comes back.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM.
Normal range of menstrual cycle ranges from 21 days to 35 days and differs in different women. There are medications which can be taken to post pone periods but they are not without side effects. I would suggest not to worry much if the periods are regular with normal bleeding pattern. Tab Meftal spas can be taken to deal with the spasmodic pain occurring during periods. There are few stretching exercises to reduce pain which can help to some extent. Tell her to lie down on the stomach and lift both arms and legs in air to get maximum stretch in the abdominal areas. This position can be maintained from 10-15 seconds. Another version is lifting opposite arm and leg while lying down on the stomach which will reduce the pain. I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily. Thanks.
Answered: Thu, 26 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor