Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suffering with schizophrenia, refuses treatment. What could be the best medicine?

Hello.. Please help me.. My husband have a same problem schizophrenia but he is not willing to go to the hospital... I live in Pakistan but he is in abroad.. And I really don t know what to do in this situation, I really love him a lot and can t see him like this fighting with his thoughts... : ( please suggest me a best medicine for him.... Please I really need a help...
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
newer generation Antipsychotics like olanzapine, risperidone etc at therapeutic dose range could be of help

If such treatments are taken for 2-4 weeks with regular compliance, symptoms starts improving

Social services in foreign countries take care of such patients who are not willing to go to hospital
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Thanks for your query.
He has to take medicine, otherwise the disease progress and there will be permanent cognitive deficit. Best things for him to admit him in any psychiatric hospital and arrange for his treatment.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor