Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering with paranoid schizophrenia, has fluctuating behavior. Advisable treatment?

My mother 11 years ago was subject to a nervous breakdown, which later going untreated, developed into what the dr said was paranoid schizophrenia ,she fluctuates from normal behaviour to irrational behaviour(non violent) for instance now she has taken to eating only broth until december, this has been going on for months now, (as she states people are attacking her internally)she needs a mental assessment but refuses to go to a dr .I do not know what to do and I do not mind paying for an assesment, but how and how much
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Schizophrenia is known for such fluctuations

Persistent pursue in different ways might help her to go to hospital

One can give low dose benzodiazepine or anti psychotics for a week and then she can be persuaded
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Thanks for your query.
She needs to be consulted by a psychiatrist and antipsychotic drugs should be started as soon as possible.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor