Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suffering with pain due to shingles. Which medicines can be taken?

Good Arvo, My husband who is 47 has a shingles and in alot of pain... As he was diagnosed after the 72 hour period he was unable to be treated. His brother had shingles a few months ago who lives in Sydney and he was prescribed tablets which cured him in a week. He does not remember the name of them so I am hoping someone can help. Thank You Meledie :)
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

There are various modalities to reduce pain.

This includes,


2. Opioid analgesics.

3. Pregabalin

4. Gabapentene

He can use any of these depending on the sevearity.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you good health,
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor