Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering with new strain of stomach viral, have nausea without vomiting, mild abdominal pain, low grade fever. What can I do to feel better?

I believe I am suffering from this new strain of stomach viral. My symptoms started with nausea , vomiting and severe abdominal pains followed with weakness, headache and fever since last Wednedsay night. I started feeling better without the symptoms on yesterday, Friday during the day and late evening. Now, again, I have the nausea without the vomiting, mild abdominal pains and a low grade temperature. Is there an incubation period or length of time I will be suffering from this type of so-called stomach flu? What can I do to get to feeling better?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Welcome to Health care magic forum.

With the available described details, you are suffering from acute viral gastroenteritis.

Viral gastroenteritis may persist for 3-5 days.

You should consult with internal medicine specialist / gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.

You should go for complete hemogram, serum electrolyte, renal function test.

You should take complete antibiotic course, antispasmodic, probiotics.

Avoid milk and all milk related products.


Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Mon, 28 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor