Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering with nasal allergy causing continuous sneezing, heaviness in nose, watering nose on bending head. Permanent treatment?

Hello Doctor, For the past years i have been have a nasal allergy . I use to get this Allergy in my Nose once in a week. I use to get continuous sneezing and my nose will be very heavy. When i puy my head down, water flows down from it. I use to have a Cetrizine and i will get releaved of this Nasal allergy in few hours. can you please advice me a permanent treatment for this. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Dear from your history it seems to me that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis.
You may use nasal drops in the form of azelastine-fluticasone combination twice daily one drop each nostril along with oral anti-histaminic like cetrizine once daily to control your symptoms.
Its very hard to get permanent cure for allergic rhinitis.
You should have to keep avoiding allergen exposure.
You may have an allergic skin testing or specific serum IgE assay in order to isolate the culprit allergens and may try specific immunotherapy for those allergens in order to prevent your symptoms on further exposure to these allergens. For that you have to consult an allergist and take his opinion.
Thank you.
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Shubhajit Chakraborty's  Response
u hav got allergic rhinitis ,u have to anti allergic medication like combination of montelukast +levocetrizine for long duration .may for 6 month to one year.u can also use corticosteroid and antihistamine nasal spray to reduce your symptom. it is advised you to go for CT PNS to see is there any other pathology , like dns.or hypertrophy of your tubinate.then surgical procedure might help you.for getting permanent therapy you have to go for immuno therapy.but it is lit bit can do allergy test to know the allergen ,and try to keep away from it.and get well soon
Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Kaushik K Murthy's  Response
good evening, by the problems u have posted i guess u are having allergic rhinitis associated with sinusitis may be secondary to deviated nasal septum, u have to have a thorough ENT check up rule out the above said conditions, theres no permanent treatment, only symptomatic and time being treatment, its mainly seasonal. try avoiding dust, smoking if u r a smoker, smoke and air pollution, cold air and water . consult a ENT specialist for a detailed work up.
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor