Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering with knee joint pains, on unani treatment, allopathy suggests surgery. Advice?

my mother is suffering from knee joint paint for 3 yrs. but for my mother english medicine says operate these two leg joints and fit artificial joint because the bone is very weak .now she is eating unani medicine for 7 months given by unani doctor raffani .but she suffer fro WWW.WWWW.WW this severe pain daily.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
From the complaints you described I could make out that she is suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee joint. That is wear and tear in the joints of the knee and is age related problem. First it is better to consult an orthopedician and get an xray. Depending on the stage of wear and tear orthopedic surgeon will advise regarding medication, exercise, any local injections, and surgery if necessary.
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor