Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering with harpic zoster since a long time. What treatment should be taken?

Hello doctor, Greetings. I am Jobin, from India, love to talk and hear to you for the concerning query. Couple of people around me are suffering from Harpic Joster since long time (more than 5 years). One person is 34 yrs old and another 60 yrs old. They had gone thru treatment as they could. Since both of them are finacially weak, they could not carry tests in big Hospitals . Symtoms: 1. itching, 2. severe pain, 3. develop wounds, 4. wounds turned into scars.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  724
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Herpes zoster is a viral infection caused by VZV virus.

It occurs any where on body in relation to nerves.

It is characterised by vesicular eruptions in clusters and in zonal way.

There may be severe burning pain and itching.

If you have such type of skin disease, then you consult dermatologist immediately.

Some time, after the healing of disease, patient may develop complication .. Post herpetic neuralgia., which requires long term treatment.

There is perfect treatment of herpes zoster..antiviral tab acyclovir , steroids in tappering dose, analgesic like ketorolac ..etc. but all should be taken under supervision of dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 25 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor