Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering with fistula, frequent pus discharge, no pain, was prescribed ciplox in the past. Can I use it for the present situation?

Good afternoon, My name is Lathish, 35 years old. I was suffering from fistula for the past 7 years. Though pus discharge happens every time, I dont feel any pain. I feel pain if I sit for a long time and then stand. There are 2 openings on the right side of the rectal area and I have to give pressure everytime for the removal of pus through these openings. My doctor had prescribed me ciplox long back. Can I use it now to stop the pus discharge? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Ciplox can be used only to heal acute inflammation. It wont make your fistula disappear completely. You should definitely have colonoscopy and pelvis MRI to see where is it located. Surgery seems necessary.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor