Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suffering with fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis. Severe bladder, body pain. How to get pain relief?

I have been suffering with fibromyalgia along with ic for years and my pain level has ruined my life, however the doctors are uncomfortable giving pain medication .I am becoming suicidal due to the bladder and body pain.What can I do about this. I am 65 yrs old ,they worry about dependency but I would gladly be addicted to something that allows me to live a somewhat normal life as opposed to being addicted to pain and bedridden and depressed the rest of my life, it has already cost me my marriage.Can you help me?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand the discomfort you are going through on account of body and bladder pain.

For fibromyalgia, there are several good and effective medications, such as pregabalin, duloxetine and milnacipran. In addition, physiotherapy is also useful. Your neurologist would be able to prescribe them.

For ballder pain, I would agree that nonopiod or mild opioid drugs may be used without too much concern.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor