Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering with eye power, unable to see nearby objects also. Alternative options to glasses?

hello doctor, I am 22 years old and i am having a power of +3.5 and 0.5 cylindrical in both eyes.I cant afford to remove my glasses for a single minute.About positive power it is considered that people face problem to see far objects,but without glasses i cant even see the nearby objects.I am fed up with such a heavy glasses,i feel my eyes uncomfortable all over the day.Please suggest me what should i do.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello .,
Saw your query,understood your problem. In this modern world your problem can be easily tackled. Since you find it very difficult to use glasses, i suggest you the surgery for refraction correction,
LASIK , which is simple and LASER assisted procedure. But to undergo this procedure your eye power
should remain the same for a minimum of 1 year. Mean while you can try Contact lenses. Now a days
daily disposable as well as monthly disposable lenses are marketed in affordable prices. Those lenses
can be used through out the day without any difficulty.
All the best. Good day.
Answered: Mon, 20 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor