Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suffering with ear pain, cerebral atrophy. No relief with medicines. Help?

My mother is suffering with Tmj Ear pain hi im prashant My mother is suffering with Tmj Ear pain i hope ull help me my mother aged 65 is suffering with cerebral atrophy since 18 month.her symptoms are severe ear pain .we have got done all the tests like (CTSCAN , PNSSCAN, MRI ) where the doctors found it was this problem. her MRI test contrast has Age related cerebral atrophy. she doesnt have memory loss nor recognizing problem nor speaking disorder everything was normal except for the severe pain frequently what r the medicines to be used for reducing her pain of severe pain in the inner ear can we r very much confused y shes undergoing such pain .can any tablets be given to her for treatment of diffuse cerebral atrophy. Mri brain study report (A small vascular loop is in contact with cisteranal portion of right 7th & 8th nerve complex with normal course , thickness, signal intensity of nerve complex) Currently taking medicine :- Pregabalin 75 mg, Mecozen plus , pacitane There is no effect of above medicine she having a pain as it is please suggest any other medicines so that she will get well soon looking forward for ur help thanking u
Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for asking a question to H.C.M.F.
Your mother had cerebral atrophy, and un bearable ear pain due to infection of the internal ear.
Your mother is under the treatment of a neurologist for cerebral atrophy. It is a permanent change with no way for complete relief.And she is using medicines for maintenance.
Now she has got ear pain due to infection of the internal ear. That is to be treated completely .
So i advise you to consult an E.N.T.surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. he will give treatment for medical treatment, if no relief he may propose mastoidectomy, with advise of the neurologist. There is a possibility of complete relief.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor