Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suffering with diabetes, have breathing problem, tests showed fluid formation near lungs. No relief with medicines. Suggestive treatment?

Hello ,I am sowmiya my dad is 67 years old ,last year he had heart attrack and now he suffering from breathing problem .doctor said he having fluid formation near lungs and they gave some medicine but still having the problem and he is alway sleeping .he is also diabetes patient.Doctor said only 29 % of the heart function. What we can do .please advice..
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
Let me explain the pathology first. Heart attack occurs when bllod supply to heart stops leading to its failure. So less amount of blood goes to all parts of body. slowly lungs also get less blood and blood can go out causing edema. It can be managed by drugs but till the heart pumps properly,it breathing problem cannot get relieved. Normal heart output is 65 percent but for your father,it is less than half. Also as brain gets less blood,it will be less active. Even sedation will be given in hospital too. So he is very sleepy.
I advice you to wait till the drugs act. If the obstruction was acute,surgery would be a choice but as the heart is already damaged,its full return is questionable.
Hope he responds well to treatment and he recovers.
All the best
Answered: Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor