Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering with chickenpox, has low appetite, refuses to drink. At what point should she seek medical attention?

Hi My five year old daughter has chickenpox . She is refusing to eat or drink and I am concerned about her becoming dehydrated. At what point should I seek medical attention if she continues to drink very little? Her rash seems to be most painful around her vagina and I would also like to know whether there are any specific gels for this area? Kind regards
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello I have gone through your complaints. It's good that you are trying to maintain her hydration status . If the lesions are more painful then you need to give paracatamol which acts as allergic. For a better soothing effect for the skin lesions you need to apply calamine lotion which decreases the pain and itching. If the lesions are more severe and if your child is not taking anything orally then it's better you meet your doctor. Give her oral rehydration solution ORS to maintain adequate urine output.
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query
In chickenpox management is symptomatic.
I advise you to apply calamine lotion 2 to 3 times a day.give antihistamine like benadryl in prescribed dosage.hydration is to be maintained give her plenty of fluids.simple bland diet.
In case symptoms persist get pediatric consultation to rule out any secondary bacterial infection.

Wishing your daughter good health
God bless
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor