Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suffering with azoospermia, testicular biopsy showed germ cell aplasia, normal hormonal reports, high FSH, low testosterone. Treatment option?

sir i m azoospermic...i have gone for testicular biopsy ,the result was GERM CELL APLASIA and my doctor said me that there isnt any chance for i heard some other doctor saying on TV that in such cases that particular part of testis may not have spermatids or sperms but there is some chance that the other part may have them .when i went for biopsy my harmonal reports were normal but recently i found my FSH level higher than normal and TESTOSTERONE level low.i want to know weather we should go for needle biopsy now or shall i take some harmonal medication and go for TESE....what would be the better options for us....please help!!
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  246
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

High FSH and low testesterone means you have primary testicular failure. I dont see great chances of conception. Any way undergo needle biopsy to confirm presence of sperms.

If no sperms are found I am afraid you have to go for donor semen treatment for your wife.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor