Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Suffering with asthma, have cough during winter, dust allergy in summer. Effective remedy?

Hello doctor, My father is suffering from asthama for about 10 years. My father s current age is 55. My late grand father also suffered from asthama. In cold season asthama is trigger at night and father can t walk long distance and trouble in steps up stair. he always suffer from cough in cold season and in summer season he has allergy from dust, smoke . Please give your suggestion and suggest some medicine, and hospital name for asthama treatment in India.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Your father seems to be suffering from bronchial asthma. You need to get him evaluated by a Pulmonologist/ Chest Physician. Investigations that may be required are chest xray, serum IgE levels and pulmonary function test in consultation with the Pulmonologist. Depending on the evaluation results he may be prescribed certain inhalers and oral medications along with a nasal spray. Also he is a candidate for yearly flu vaccination and 5 yearly pneumococcal vaccination. Depending on your location in India, you may find a pulmonologist. A list is availbale on this website:

You may search as per your location.


Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor