Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering with acne, blackheads, stable periods. Permanent remedy for acne?

yes plz..i m 22 yr. old grl..from india..i am suffering from acne , blach heads when i was 12 yrs. old..initially they were severe...but nw reduced...but i m rid of these acne . scars, blackheads nw...i want clear skin...i m rid of doin experiments in a hope dat dey will end soon..but no results i mah family no history of acne is present...i hve an early menarche ,,at 11 yrs..wich was irregular initially but nw stable...plz help me....
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Dear...
Thanks for your query.

First of all I must mention why Acne is occuring .the causes are ---
1]increased production of sebum
2]pilosebaceous duct hyperkeratosis
3]Infection of pilosebaceous glands with Propionibacterium acnes.

My advice would be :
-Do not squeeze or scratch the pimples.
-Keep your skin clean,Have healthy diet & lots of fluids.
-Avoid too much oily foods.
-Apply topical Clindamycin gel over the pimples
-You can use topical tretinoin over the comedones [ be careful,burning sensation & redness occurs often after applying]
- if have you are having too much of nodulocystic acne you can use oral Isotretinoin for 4-6 months [but always under supervision of your dermatologist]

Hope this helps you.
Stay in touch with your dermatologist.

Take care :)
Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor