Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering with acidity, not completely relieved after Ganaton course. Advised Reekol. Should I take it?

Hi Doctor, I am 40 year old. I was suffering from acidity for the last one year. I have a history of gastric and constipation . I also went through endoscopy but it is clear. Doctor suggested me Ganaton Total for two months. Now the acidity is not there. When I re consulted Doctor after having Ganaton Total for two months, he now suggested me Rekool 20 for Six months. I still feel Gases, I would like to know, should I continue Rekool for the said period. And is there any precaution with respect to food. Mustejab
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  357
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The first one promotes motility. The second one is acid suppressant - good to heal gastritis, ulcers.../ but 6 months seems rather long.. You may not need it - in view of normal endoscopy.
I presume it was Upper GI Endoscopy. It is likely that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Have a lower GI Endoscopy (Colonoscopy) done.
Different foods have been alleged by different people - you may know by trial and error. Generally, high fibre indigestible foods are the cause - whole grains, beans and so on.
A Gastro-enterologist is the one to follow up.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Hi Mustejab,
Thanks for writing your query.
Reekool contains Rabeprazole, which helps in acidity control. You can follow the instructions of your doctor for treatment.
Following precautions will help you :-
1. Avoid spicy foods
2. Avoid oily foods
3. Donot remain empty stomach for long periods
4. Stop alcohol/smoking, if taking
5. Donot take pain killers and steroids
6. Curd may be helpful
7. Drink plenty of pure water
In my opinion you should also get yourself investigated for H.Pylori infection.
I hope this is useful to you.
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor