Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Suffering with acidity, burning pain at the mid of stomach, excessive burps after meals with watery expulsion from mouth. How can I cure this?

Dear sir. Am suffering from acidity problem from last one & half year.I always feel burning pin in mid of stomach ..and and on the right side above..i feel pinching pain continuously.What ever i take at the time of meal...and after having meal i start burping very badly..and emulsion kind of liquid comes down from my mouth..containing 30% food please help me to know about the ,what should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello there!
Acidity also known as GERD gastro esophageal reflux disease is quite common issue these days due to western diets. 25 to 40 % americans suffer from this disease eventually in their lives. 7 to 10 % of which suffer the symptoms on daily basis.males are affected more than females too at ratio of 2:1 - 3:1. if not treated leads to esophageal malignancies.age above 40 predisposes the condition further increases the odds.
i will tell you some tips to fight it and then some medications to cope with it and finallly we will talk some invasive procedures if former two remained unhelpful.

A. First tips.
1.lose weight ( if overweight) divide your weight to the height in meters twice and if the result is more than 25 reduce the weight.
2.Avoid alcohol, chocolate, citrus based fruits,tomato based products
3.avoid pepper mint coffe and possibly the onion family small freequent meals rather than large meals.
5.wait at least 3 hours after the meal to lie down or sleep.
6.refrain from ingesting food (except liquids) with in 3 hours of bed time.
7.eleate te head of your bed at least 8 inches
8.avoid bending or stooping positions
9.dont use nsaids
10.dont smoke
11. have a proper sleep routine
12. use cold milk as drink avoid all hot beverages and carbonated ones

B. now lets talk some medicines
1.H2 blockers like ranitidine famotidine nizatidine cematidine etc if the problem is more at the night timings
2.proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, rabeprazole , lansoprazole, esomeprazole,pentoprazole etc if severe symptoms 40 mg once a day
3.use prokinetics like aluminium hydroxide or metoclopromide
4.use ant acids like aluminium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide

following my lead till here i am sure will fix your issue.

if it still persists there are some surgical options
i will just name them for you in case you need them we will then decide the better one for you.
1.trans thoracic transabdominal fundoplication open or laproscopic ( we just cap the upper end of the stomach to prevent reverse flow of the food)
2.some recently approved FDA electromagnetic rings placed at the upper neck of the stomach to avoid reflux some thing costly and fancy till now.

So in nut shell. You can do it. After all prevention is better than cure.

if you need me further. i will be here for you

Dr Shafi ullah khan
My Patient Is My family
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor