Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suffering with acid reflux, taking omeprazole instead of prescribed prisolec, have chest burn with discomfort. Should I take prisolec?

my husband suffers from acid reflux . he had it once before and got rid of it. he was eating too much in one setting and because of this i think it caused it to come back. he has been to the emergency 3 times now and so he has just started to eat smaller portions and watch what spices and things to eat. he has been doing this for at least a week now. the doctor prescribed to him a generic version of prilosec . but at times it still causes him discomfort and his chest still burns a little. the generic kind of medication is omeprazole which is a generic of the other. so my question is he bought the actual prilosec. should he start taking the prilosec instead of the generic kind cause it seems like the other kind is not really working for him
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  46 Awaiting Answer
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor