Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering with Strabismus since childhood. Is there any treatment?

I m 17 now and I do have a problem: Strabismus (exotropia). It seems to be alternating: I can consciously look with either the left or the right eye, but the second one wanders. It occured when I was a child, increased then and diminished over time, but still, it is a problem to me. I did the test before surgery to predict its possible consequences and it revealed a risk of double vision after. Is there any way to eliminate strabismus in my case?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear user
strabismus also called as squint is misalignment of the visual axis of the eyes. In your case you seem to be having exotropia. The treatment in your case is mainly by surgical correction to overcome the cosmetic disfugurement.
Double vision following squint surgery is rare, but transient double vision is common following surgery which will resolve spontaneously. Rarely double vision may become troublesome requiring treatment.
The only treatment available in your case is surgical correction of squint.
Answered: Mon, 8 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor