Suffering with 20-nail dystrophy, no improvements with change. Is operation necessary?

hi doctor, my name is Bhaskar. My brother is suffering because of twenty nail dystrophy for nearly 1 year, he also consulted a dermatologist in last month. He told that use predmet 8 (two times) every day for 1st 15 days, then he decreased the dosage gradually. After 1 month of treatment there is no much change, because of that doc said that lets pull out one nail and will continue the treatment. If the correct nail came then will pull out all the nails , if not will change the treatment. Doctor, please tell me whether this operation is necessary?? or is there any other simple treatment for that? and i dont know english much, if i made any mistake excuse me.. But please send me reply thank you
Wed, 9 Jan 2013