Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from wisdom tooth pain.Hydromorphone not working. Can take numbutone for pain?

Hello, I have been suffering from wisdom tooth pain for a couple of weeks.The pain is starting to trigger my sickle cell crisis. I am having pain from my temple to neck. I have tried almost everything for pain, even my prescription Hydromorphone( which is not working at all). Can I take Numbutone for pain and inflammation? or is there anything else that I can do until my dentist appt Monday!

Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome.

After reading your history i would suggest you to make a visit to your dentist.Please do not change the medication until you see the dentist,as you have medical history too.
wisdom tooth should be removed surgically as it is considered vestigeal.

presently you require clinical examination.Irrigation of the affected site along with a course of antibiotic and analgesics is required.

Hope it helps.


Take care.
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor