Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suffering from white discharge, painful intercourse. Taking clingen. How long will it take to cure?

I have been suffering from white discharge for 4 years now.I used lactacyd on a doctors instruction but recently since 1 year its just become profuse.This is resulting in a painful intercourse each time with my husband.Last week I happen to visit a gynic and she had prescribed me of clingen to use for 7 days and canesten cream to apply .Also I underwent Cervical Smear and Transvaginal Scan.Based on the results she will further prescibe me with oral medicines which she advise both of us (me and my husband) to take. How long will it take to cure and should Clingen be again used or is it a one time treatment.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The persistent white discharge for last 4 years which is not improving after taking clingen means it needs a proper evaluation by a vaginal swab culture and oral antibiotics to take care of the infection.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor