Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suffering from viral fever, Dr advised crocin, ayurvedic Dr advises Sumo tablets. What to do ?

Goodevening sir, I am suffering from viral fever that is 100.3 degree fahrenheit temperature since two days.I want relief from it at the family doctor suggested crocin for 2-3 days but the ayurvedic doctor by whom I am under treatment says I should take Sumo tablet cocin is not that effective so what should I do.I am doing a private job and want relief at the earliest....
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  590
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ,

Greetings from

I am Dr Sourav Chakraborty and i will be helping you with your query.

First of all i do believe you should not switch doctors and should listen to one at a time, please be patient.

Viral infection is usually limit it self to 7-10 days in a healthy adult , though the course also depends on species type, immune status of an individual, climatic factors, geographical factors & secondary bacterial infections.

Taking medicine paracetamol only for fever without other symptoms like headache, sore throat , runny nose is highly advocated. In case you have any of the above mentioned symptoms you can take a nasal congestants and it will be helpful too.

Tablet " Sumo " should not be used as nimesulide contained in it has been banned by many countries including India as it can damage liver , causing fatal hepatitis, so please refrain your self from taking such medications.

Please do get necessary tests for dengue done , if need be or if advised by your physician.

Consult with your doctor regarding further information.

Hope i have been able to help. Take Care.

Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
It is common to have viral fever in this season,and body reacts to infection in case fever is not very high our immunity works better,but if it makes you uncomfortable a paracetamol may be used and good diet and hydration by liquids and soups helps in recovery.
As you have consulted family doctor follow his advise and have faith in doctor you will improve soon.
If viral fever develops it will take some time so kindly have patience.
If you feel comfortable you can go for job no need to take bed rest.
Take care of your diet.
Good Luck to you
Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor