Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Suffering from vertligo skin-disease

hi doctor,i am about 15 year yong . i am suffering from vertligo skindisease since long one year on the face belongs the eye and ear and feeling sports on the chicks skin specialist i am using at now the medicine-- Pimecricumus cream PICONS and FLUTIVATE- E cream besides eating the medicine-ANOXIDE-Hc tabelets i would like to know about that wheather it is perment cureable dieases and if so pls advice me for further continuation of medicine for quick clear .
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Vitiligo is a auto-immune disease and requires long term treatment also the treatment is limited so you will have to continue with the treatment .If you feel a need for second opinion you can consult a Dermatologist and get it .Presently eat healthy food ;continue medicines.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Vitiligo is a auto-immune condition in which our own body cells start to kill our own pigment producing cells.Thus leading to white patches in skin.This is broadly of two types : one- ACTIVE (spreading ) and second -STABLE (not spreading).Treatment depends upon which of the two you have.
Firstly if your condition is active then we give medicines to make it stable.Later then other medicines are given to give color to the white patches.
Pimecrolimus and flutivate are good creams if lesions are stable and limited to small area. Along with this you should also take photo-therapy which would help give color to the lesions.Photo therapy is of two types - PUVA & NB-UVB.

Vitiligo is a chronic problem and you should have patience dealing with it.There is a cure but slow .You should also rule out thyroid problem if any.In stable cases even surgeries can be done.
Answered: Sat, 23 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor