Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from urinary tract infection. Taking cifran, norfloxin, recurring condition. Permanent cure?

hello DrXXXXX and i have been diagnosed for having a UTI almost three months back...doctors here have given me a series of different antibiotics like cifran,norfloxin etc...but till this date, after i stop the antibiotic for a few days, it just keeps coming back...then i get this irritable feeling again. Please on how i should proceed further
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi joe,
I have read your question,
You are suffering with a case of "Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection",
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are the third most common type of infection, surpassed in number only by respiratory and intestinal infections.A true UTI, by definition, is where bacteria are growing and reproducing within the urethra, bladder, or even higher in the ureters and kidneys.
The goal with treatment is to use an antibiotic to suppress or eliminate the organism responsible for the infection.
There are two types of recurring infection: re-infection and relapse.
Re-infection is the most common form, (Generally in females this is due to short urethra) , in This bacterial organisms that were killed by the antibiotic may be replaced by other species of bacteria , due to low immunity ,

Relapse is an other way where the initial infection is not completely curable even after sufficient dosage , and causes re-infection.
So before going for consultation I suggest you to undergo urine culture and sensitivity test and determine the actual cause.
I suggest you to drink a lot of water and maintain hygiene .

Then I suggest you to consult an urologist nearby.

Wishing you a good health,
DR.G.Gayatri devi.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see antibiotics may harm u on later of ur age so go through natural therapy or alternative therapy homoeopathy which gud result in case of UTI.first u start cranberry juice which is good in prevention of UTI.and concern any good homoeopath for that.avoid fast food, and drink plenty of fluids.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor