Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from urinary infection. Taking antibiotics, condition not improving. Suggestions?

Hi Doctor, Im 35 years old female. I have urine infection since 2 weeks. Got the urine full report done and results are colour- yellow, appearance- Turbid, PH- 6.0, Specific Gravity- 1.025, protein -trace, pus cells- 20-30/h.p.f., red cells- over 100. Now im taking Zinnat Antibiotics. but still i have a pain when passing urine. some times blood pass with urine, i have a very bad headache. my knees are very painful when im walking. cant sleep at night. i have done the urine culture also. results are Macroscopy- Turbid. Microscopy of centrifuges urine- Pus cells 20-30/h.p.f. Culture and colony count- coliform organism > 10 5 cfu per ml or urine isolated. pls help me doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
UTI is a very common problem in women.
You need the following things.
1. Treatment of UTI and prevention of recurrence.
2. Relief from symptoms.
3. Diagnosing the cause.
You must take the antibiotic according to the culture and sensitivity report and that too for atleast 10 to 14 days for proper effect.
Symptoms can be relieved by...
Take plenty of water
Take baking soda 1 TSF in one glass of water three times a day.
You can take a urinary analgesic like pyridiuum
You can take a urinary  antispasmodic like flavoxate.

Get an ultrasound abdomen to look for the presence of any stone or infection.

talk to your doctor for the above mentioned plan of treatment.

Life style changes to be adopted for prevention of future recurrences are...
Always wipe from front to back after pee or poo.
Empty your bladder before bed time and also before and after the sexual act.
Always wear cotton underwear.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After Going through your history, you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), you are already taking treatment that is antibiotics with partial relief.
In Urinary Tract infection microorganism are resistant to antibiotics, hence sensitivity test result should be seen and suitable antibiotic should be changed.
Abdominal ultrasonography should be done to find out if there is any obstruction like stones in kidney or ureter as there is some hematuria also.
The causative organism coliform that is E.Coli if necessary Intravenous antibiotics should be given to cure infection.
If you are having pain paracetamol should be given and take plenty of fluid to flush urinary system, you can also take cranberry juice.
Please take care
Good Care
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor